HEAD GARDENER - Deadline 15/01
HEAD GARDENER East Sussex Estate
Head Gardener required for Principal House on 2000 acre, private rural estate. The 4 acre gardens are under conversion to a naturalistic style with plans from an award-winning landscape designer and the estate owner. The emphasis is on organic gardening, conservation and wildlife.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive and flexible person with demonstrable relevant gardening experience and a strong interest in organic gardening and wildlife. The candidate should have RHS level 3, or equivalent. Previous management of staff is essential.
Summary of role:
- Interpret agreed strategy and deliver on a day to day basis
- Garden planning, writing reports, making pro-active proposals, Improving working practices
- Managing and directing garden staff, WRAGS trainees and volunteers
- Creating and maintaining gardens in a naturalistic style
- Work with other estate departments, when required
- Liaising with Garden Design team and family over new plans
An excellent employment package is offered for the successful candidate.
To apply, or for more details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use ‘Head Gardener Application’ as email subject
Deadline for applications 15/01/2017