Grower - Horticulture
This is a great opportunity to be part of a small, friendly team that is creating a beautiful and productive estate in Dorset; based around a Grade 2 listed house and with a focus on specialist areas of horticulture.
This role supports the horticulture team, including the Head Grower, in propagating, sowing and irrigating flowers, fruit and herbs. Your activities will include growing and harvesting plants in the field and polytunnels, plus operating tractors and estate/ horticulture machinery and heavy duty work including lifting & moving.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills across a range of growing and horticulture areas. Training will be given but this person will need to be enthusiastic and practical, and have some experience in growing, nurseries, horticulture or agriculture. Attention to detail and high standards are essential.
Skills and qualifications required will include:
- Have good growing, horticulture or agriculture knowledge and experience
- Be able to operate a range of machinery (eg. tractor certificate) as well as learn about new equipment
- Understand the growth and care of flowers, fruit or herbs, ideally with some experience of planting or harvesting
- You will have worked in a nursery, horticulture or agriculture environment
- Be physically fit, able to work unsupervised and capable of working as part of a team
- Accommodation is not included.
The role is for 5 days per week, and there is some flexibility on working times. Some overtime may be required at peak times.
We offer an excellent package including competitive salary, bonus, training, a friendly working environment and the chance to be part of an exciting long-term project.
Apply for Grower - Horticulture
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly