Our client is a reputable and successful fresh produce business with an established history of supplying high quality produce to a variety of customers and they now offer the opportunity to become a key member of their business as a Packhouse Manager.
A key decision maker, the successful individual will manage the packing operation to meet customer standards and expectations with efficient packaging, quality control, despatch and haulage.
Reporting to the Managing Director this role will be responsible for the day to day running, management and organisation of a busy farm packhouse and the principle responsibilities include but are by no means limited to:
• Ensuring Health & Safety regulations are adhered to
• Budgeting of packhouse costs and monitoring monthly progress against plan, keeping all Managers and Supervisors briefed on performance
• Responsibility for overall quality control in the packhouse
• Best utilisation of raw material and reduction of waste on all lines
• Liaise with the Technical Manager regarding packhouse hygiene, customer specifications and quality issues
• Liaise with the Commercial Manager over planning of raw material requirements
• Liaise with the Production Planner over daily customer volume plans, resource requirements, weekly cost analysis and purchasing of packaging
This is a key role within the company and the successful individual will will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate the team to exceptional standards. as this is a management position the ideal candidate will have packhouse experience within the fresh produce sector to enable a true understanding of the role.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you then please apply today via this website!