Deputy & Outdoor Plant Area Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
We are delighted and very excited to announce that the former Fulham Palace Garden Centre will be reopening shortly.
The Palace Gardener will be run by Bypass Nurseries Limited, a family owned company founded in East Anglia in 1939, and best known for our flagship store The Chelsea Gardener in Sydney Street SW3, which first opened its doors in June 1984.
Our aim is to make The Palace Gardener into Fulham’s own garden centre, designed to meet gardening needs and expectations, and to offer a real destination and a valuable service to the local community.
We are now recruiting full time and part time junior and senior sales assistants to be part of this great adventure. Because we are not just a garden centre, we are looking for enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly team players that are passionate about nature as well as helping customer’s while having fun and exceeding expectations.
DEPUTY& OUTDOOR PLANT AREA MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The successful candidate will be a talented horticulturalist seeking the next step in their career. You will be passionate and highly retail orientated, with a real eye for customer service and a real leader with a ‘can do’, enthusiastic and inspirational attitude. You will not be afraid to get involved and step in, and lead by example.
Skills and Experience Required
- Natural and strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate, inspire, manage and support the development of the team.
- Knowledgeable horticulturalist, highly retail orientated, preferably with previous management experience.
- Willingness to go the extra mile for our customers and for the success of the business, which may require flexible hours and over time. You will need to be able to ‘step in’ as needed
- Excellent people and communication skills at all levels, internal and external.
- A high degree of organisation and professionalism, especially when handling difficult situations, with a proactive approach to solving problems, and the ability to deal with issues as they arise.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Outdoorsy personality and fit to work outside all year round. It is a physical job!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking managerial responsibilities as required and supporting the Management of the business as the store Assistant Manager and being the ‘second in command’.
- Day to day management of the Outdoor Area team: organisation and delegation of day to day tasks including maintenance, purchasing, stocking and merchandising.
- Directly responsible for the buying of Shrubs, while overseeing Bedding and Outdoor Pots.
- Responsible for making sure all customers enquiries are replied and dealt with, and ensuring the administration of all outdoor departments is up to date.
- Directly responsible in achieving sales targets with given budgets for Shrubs, while overseeing Bedding and Outdoor Pots.
- Constantly finding ways of improving the outdoor departments and motivating the staff to achieve agreed company objectives.
- Driving performance, maximising commercial potential and contributing to the success of the business overall
- Hands-on approach, being directly involved with physical activities and leading by example.
- Ensuring that the Outdoor Plant Area operates within Health&Safety legislation and following Company’s ethos, rules, policies and procedures in place.
- Promoting staff ownership and accountability, and creating positive and enjoyable working environment.
If you application is successful, we will contact you after the festive period. Interviews will take place week commencing 16th January and the position will start 1st February 2017.
Apply for Deputy & Outdoor Plant Area Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly