Qualified Gardener/ Team leader for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
An experienced and trained Gardener/ Team leader is sought for a large beautiful private estate near Ascot, Berkshire to work full-time, Mon – Fri, 7am – 5pm (4.30pm in Winter, time in lieu), live-out from 1st. Feb. 2017.
Closing date is 20th De. 2016. Interviews are held in January 2017.
The estate comprises of more than 30 acres and includes formal lawns, lakeside gardens, a maze, formal parkland, summer meadows, woodland and a walled garden with herbaceous borders.
The Gardener/ Team leader is a new additional role that reports to the Head Gardener and has the duty to maintain the flower beds and containers with planting, weeding, pruning, watering, mulching, staking, dead heading and assist elsewhere on the estate, as needed. Overall responsibility of the team lies with the House Manager.
The requirements are:
- NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture (ideally L3), RHS, City & Guilds or HND equivalent
- PA1, 2 & 6 Spraying Certificates
- Min. of 3 years professional gardening experience including flower beds
- Valid drivers’ license
Candidates should have:
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in English
- The ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of machinery and a diverse horticultural background
- Experience in leading small teams, standing in for HG when absent
- The ability to follow/ give instructions, lead by example
- An interest in further education and training
We are looking for candidates who are strong communicators, passionate about their work with an excellent eye for detail able to work to a high standard. Candidates should have a positive and mature approach, be focused and be able to follow a plan. The ability to work at heights is desirable.
The work hours are Mon- Fri from 7am – 5pm (4.30pm in Winter), (30min for breakfast, 30min for lunch). The 1 ½ hours extra daily are taken in lieu during bad weather conditions and over Christmas/New Year. A room for breaks is provided as well as uniforms, shoes, lockers, a changing room and a shower. Some weekend work may be required when the Owners are visiting.
Competitive salary depending on experience, 20 days holidays (2 weeks over Christmas/ New Year get covered through overtime), To start 1st Feb. 2017. Client interviews are held in January 2017. Closing date 20th Dec. 2016.
To apply please send CV with short cover letter outlining experience or call 0207 193 8421 for an initial conversation.
Apply for Qualified Gardener/ Team leader for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly