Trained Greenkeeper for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
An experienced and trained Greenkeeper is sought for a large beautiful private estate near Ascot, Berkshire to work full-time, Mon – Fri, 7am – 5pm (4.30pm in Winter with time in lieu), live-out from 1st. Feb. 2017.
Closing date 20th Dec. 2016. Client interviews are held in January 2017.
The estate comprises of more than 30 acres and includes formal lawns, lakeside gardens, a maze, formal parkland, summer meadows, woodland, a walled garden and general grassed areas.
The Greenkeeper is a new additional role that reports to the Head Gardener and has the duty to care and upkeep all lawns and grassed areas to high standards, which includes mowing, scarifying, aerating, seeding, re-turfing, weeding, spraying, edging, feeding and watering the lawns. Experience of irrigation systems is an advantage. Overall responsibility of the team lies with the House Manager.
The requirements are:
- NVQ Level 1/2 (ideally level 3) in Sports Turf Management or equivalent
- PA1, 2 & 6 Spraying Certificates
- Min. of 3 years Greenkeeping experience
- Valid drivers’ license
Candidates should have:
- Excellent communications skills and fluency in English
- The ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Experience of use/ maintenance of ride-on, cylinder/ rotary mowers
- The ability to keep records well (pesticides) and follow instructions
- Good knowledge of machinery/ horticulture an advantage
- Flexibility to work elsewhere in the garden, if required
The work hours are Mon- Fri from 7am – 5pm (4.30pm in Winter), (30min for breakfast, 30min for lunch). The 1 ½ hours extra daily are taken in lieu during bad weather conditions, over Christmas/New Year and when appropriate. A room for breaks is provided as well as uniforms, shoes, lockers, a changing room and a shower. Some weekend work may be required when the Owners are visiting. Training for further development is provided.
Competitive salary depending on experience, 20 days holidays + 2 weeks over Christmas/ New Year get covered through overtime, To start 1st Feb. 2017. Closing date 20th Dec. 2016.
To apply please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your experience or call 0207 193 8421 for an initial conversation.
Apply for Trained Greenkeeper for Private Estate, Ascot, Berks., UK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly