We have an exciting opportunity for a Fencing Estimator to join our busy Estimating Team based at our head office in Billericay, Essex. We are offering a competitive salary, semi-annual bonuses, company pension, company stock options and other benefits. Further advancement within the organisation is expected for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities
The Estimator will be responsible, for tender preparation from received enquiries, including preparation of bills of quantities from drawings and specification, pricing and submission to the Client.
Duties will include:
- Completing tender projects utilising issued bills of quantities, within the required time frame.
- Time critical e-tendering
- Client management
- Lead time and deadline management
- Purchase order, invoice and budget management
- Knowledge of fencing systems e.g. timber, metal, palisade mesh.
- Practical experience of fencing installation.
- Practical work experience as an Assistant Estimator/ Estimator/ Quantity Surveyor.
- A willingness to travel if required.
Ground Control is an award-winning company with company growth of over 20% every year for nine years running with turnover now exceeding £90 million annually. The business has four major components: Arboriculture, Grounds Maintenance, Winter Maintenance and Landscape Construction and focuses on large regional and national contracts with multi-site operators. We currently maintain over 45,000 sites for some of the country's largest retailers, utility companies and local authorities. Ground Control was recently awarded “The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation” and has also received “The UK Employee Experience Award for 2016. Ground Control is placed in the London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain,’ being labelled as “one of 1000 firms fueling the long-term growth of the UK economy” in a list that was narrowed down from over 4.5 million companies. Along with the London Stock Exchange, 14 Daily Telegraph writers also hand-picked Ground Control as a company that “personally inspires them.” Ground Control is an equal opportunities employer.