Technical & Operations
We are working with one of the most respected breeders, propagators and producers of soft fruit within the industry. Their success and business acumen has made them a highly respected company and employer within their sector and they now seek an extremely driven Technical & Operations Manager to join their team.
Managing multiple sites in Kent with both Strawberries and Raspberries. One site is a high health propagation unit, so attention to detail and a thorough understanding of plant hygiene is critical. You will be expected to have a strong understanding of propagation ideally within the soft fruit sector, but candidates will be considered from other horticultural disciplines.
The position will encompass all Crop Protection management and also techniques/ timing in husbandry.
- Technical day to day growing and liaison with nursery managers.
- Visit sites to assess plants for disease, pests and husbandry practice.
- Involvement with High Health mother plant production.
- Water management on all sites.
- Administer chemical application tickets.
- Control chemical stock on all sites.
- Obtain regular chemical application records from Site Managers and produce monthly usage information.
- Feed programmes.
- Nutrient sampling throughout the season (leaf and compost).
- Administer the use of predators on all sites, liaise with Site Managers and control sampling throughout the season.
- Take on new project developments when necessary – new sites, heating set up, development of new techniques.
- Key Person Attributes
Strong growing skills
- Good level of experience with pest and disease within soft fruit industry.
- Understanding of a variety of different nutrition levels, conductivity and water quality requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with irrigation systems, injectors and controllers – drip and overhead.
- Proven track record in substrate growing of soft fruit.
- Commercial understanding of grower requirements – timing, quality.
You will have good management experience with a proven ability to lead and motivate individuals. The ability to effectively communicate at all levels is clearly essential. This is a crucial role and therefore has an extremely competitive salary to attract the best talent.
If this sounds of interest to you and you think you fulfill the aforementioned criteria, please don’t delay, get your application in immediately.
Apply for Technical & Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly