Area Sales & Business Development Manager - RURAL SECTOR - Devon & Cornwall
A great opportunity to work for a leading rural organisation, promoting their professional services and products to the rural community. The organisation can provide its members with access to legal advice, tax specialists, land agents, planning experts and surveyors and is able to provide independent and impartial advice on a wide range of rural business, agricultural and land based matters.
The Area Manager's main role will be to actively grow the membership of the organisation across the South West region. This will include lead generation, developing a prospect list, updating the contact database, following up leads generated by national and local marketing and events, working closely with colleagues, and attending shows & rural events as required.
The Area Manager will also help to retain members and follow up with lapsed members. Full product training and continuous CPD will be provided as the appointed individual must keep to date with the organisations activities and the wider rural business community. This opportunity offers a long-term career with a thriving, well known and prestigious organisation.
- Previous sales experience preferred in agriculture, business or a rural setting
- Previous experience in a service environment - ideal
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Credibility with farmers, landowners, professionals, and rural businesses in the region.
- Able to establish long lasting business relationships
- Able to develop new contacts and increase membership sales
- Motivated and with a professional approach.
- Well organised
- Full driving licence
Salary: £25k base starting salary + car + commission - OTE £45-50k
Location: Home based to cover Devon and Cornwall.