Fruit Manager - South East
De Lacy Executive has been retained to recruit a varied new role to support the Estate Manager of a private country estate and be responsible for the soft fruit part of the business in the South of England. The Fruit Manager will help to manage and add value to the main processes involved in soft fruit production. Specific duties will be to assist the Estate Manager in the day to day running of the farm, help to manage the fruit harvest, and organise the spraying of crops as required. The farm currently produces apples, pears, strawberries, raspberries, peaches and nectarines. Responsibilities:
- Lead the decision-making on all growing matters including fertigation, production tasks, venting & climate control, spraying, cleaning and farm maintenance.
- Provide technical growing expertise, advice, and direction.
- Develop innovative approaches and techniques and continually develop new and best practice.
- Ensure that tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Plan harvest activities with the Estate Manager, organise operations, logistics, and help to maintain fruit quality.
- Crop spraying activities and other husbandry tasks as required.
- Relevant Horticultural or Agricultural qualification helpful.
- Previous experience in farm management or fruit growing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen eye for detail and able to work to high standards to ensure fruit quality.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- IT Skills
Salary: A competitive salary package is on offer to reflect the role's responsibilities. This is dependent on the applicant's individual experience.