Environmental Consultant - North West
An exciting opening has arisen within the Environment team of the UK's largest Agricultural and Food Chain Consultancy Company, for an Environmental Consultant. With work across the whole supply chain from field to fork, our client is looking for an adaptable, energetic and enthusiastic team member to meet the company's growth ambition.
As part of a growing team, the key purpose of the role is to:
Drive the profitability for the business particularly with relation to delivery of projects and research.
Seek opportunities for developing projects and research through networks and tendering opportunities.
Have the ability to construct tender responses in terms of devising methodologies, commercial costing, bid writing, and presenting in a timely professional fashion.
Have the ability to manage key accounts to ensure that clients' requirements are understood and delivered effectively.
Have experience in the delivery of commercial consultancy and research relevant to the work.
Be able to work well within the team, to appreciate the core skills of the team and manage effectively projects that may involve several team members and recruitment and management of external partners and associates.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Possess a high level of commercial flair, a successful track record in relevant consultancy or research working with a range of clients, both private, corporate and public sector.
- Be educated to degree level (Environmental Sciences) ideally with an interest in rural environment / agriculture and a minimum of 3 years experience in a consultancy environment working on environmental projects.
- Demonstrate experience of managing projects to deliver work on budget, on time and to a high quality. Training to Prince 2 or equivalent standard is desirable.
- Experience in business development is desirable. Previous involvement in developing project work, as well as building excellent client relationships with key stakeholders and influencing key decision makers.
- Ability to construct successful tender submissions including pulling teams together to deliver projects is an advantage.
- The ability to travel within the UK (and internationally as/when required) is an essential requirement of the role.
- A high level of computer literacy for Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and experience of using GIS is preferred,
- Expertise in writing technical reports and undertaking complex data analysis.
A Competitive Salary plus attractive bonus scheme, 25 days paid holiday per year, company pension scheme, and the option to purchase company shares. My client is ideally looking for someone who wants to develop their career and there will be potential opportunities for the right person who can prove their ability.
Apply for Environmental Consultant - North West
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly