Southern Region Manager - Trials
De Lacy Executive has been asked to recruit a Southern Regional Manager for a large independent research company to co-ordinate trials teams and communicate results to a wide range of farmers, agronomists and interested parties across the Southern counties of England.
The successful individual will work as part of a UK team who are responsible for leading regional trials and with the collective responsibility for managing staff, resources and delivery across the southern region.
The role will require timely delivery of high quality data from field trials and experiments at centres in Devon, Hampshire, Kent, Warwickshire and Gloucestershire and liaise with the Regional Agronomist on events and trials.
This critical role will also act as a key representative developing relations with the wider industry to lead an innovative programme of crop trials and regional arable research. The crop research specialises on significant current issues in relation to crop production, arable science, variety selection, crop evaluation and agronomy.
Applicants for this senior position must be enthusiastic, committed, have plenty of experience in managing field staff as well as a significant budget. Sound knowledge of practical agriculture and commercial arable crop production is helpful. Proven communication skills and ability to influence a wide number of stakeholders is essential. A full driving licence is of course mandatory for travel around the UK.
Candidate requirements: -
- Experience of managing a team is essential.
- Budget management skills are also important
- A degree or HND in plant science, agriculture or related subject
- A sound knowledge of arable agriculture, particularly trial work
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Able to talk to farmers and agronomists and interact at different technical levels.
- Able to work autonomously, self-starter, highly motivated.
- Full driving licence
Salary: Salary bracket £35-£45k plus a company car, pension and private health insurance.