Contracts Manager - West Dorset
We are seeking a dynamic, driven, experienced and committed Contracts Manager to manage our commercial grounds maintenance work in the West Dorset area. We are offering a competitive salary, semi-annual bonuses, company share options, company pension and other benefits.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Contract Manager is at the heart of Ground Control’s business. The role is divided into two key components: delivering consistent maintenance service and acquiring and managing additional business.
A Contract Manager’s management of his Field Teams and directly employed staff will be a critical success factor to delivering maintenance work on-time to the specified standard. Key responsibilities will be:
- Training Field Teams in “Ways of Working” and expected quality standards
- Daily quality monitoring of Field Teams’ work
- Performance Management
- Recruiting new Field Teams
- Direct management of Directly Employed Staff
- Effective customer and client relationships
- Providing management reports
The second key component of the role is ability to price, sell, and manage landscaping work. These works may either be additional work required on sites currently maintained by Ground Control or large landscaping projects implemented as part of a construction project. In order to sell these works, the Contract Manager will have to develop successful working relationships with local client decision-makers:
- Accurately price new maintenance sites under tender
- Identify, price and supervise additional works on existing maintenance sites
Our ideal candidate will be a proven Manager looking to progress in an exciting, forward thinking company.
The candidate will ideally have had some, but not necessarily all, of the following experiences before joining:
- Two to three year's practical work experience ("on the tools") in landscaping or grounds maintenance
- Two to three year's management experience
- Further education, ideally in Horticulture
- Entrepreneurial experience running his/her own business