Senior Estimator - South England
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Estimator to join our busy and expanding Construction Team based at our Head Office in Billericay Essex. We are offering a competitive salary, semi-annual bonuses, company pension, company share options and other benefits. Further advancement within the organisation is expected for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Estimator is a Key Role within the construction division, the Senior Estimator will be required to manage and further develop the existing estimating team in order to secure hard and soft landscaping works in the South of England and London. The Senior Estimator will be expected to liaise closely with his Operations, Commercial and Business Development teams to achieve budgeted sales currently £12-£14M per annum.
Clients range from Local Authorities, Utilities, Main Contractors and Housing Developers. Works include Hard & Soft Landscaping, groundworks, Eco and small construction elements.
Liaison with colleagues who operate in the North is essential in order that the Senior Estimators can continue to develop a knowledgeable national estimating team that deliver tenders in a consistent manner to ensure a smooth transition to operations.
Duties will include supporting construction and procurement managers where required, working with Business Development to deliver meaningful commercial and quality bids and take ownership of the tender process.
The Senior Estimator will report to the Construction Director and will play a key role in settling bids in conjunction with the bid team directors and senior managers of the company.
- A minimum of five years’ (or equivalent) practical work experience as an Estimator in the Landscape or Construction industry.
- Experience of estimating systems, Conquest, Valesco or similar is desired although training will be given.
- Experience in the landscaping sector is desirable with knowledge of hard landscaping elements, experience in related construction or civils roles would be beneficial.
- Good negotiating and client management skills.
- Good commercial and contractual knowledge of common contracts used in the industry such as NEC and JCT
- Demonstrable leadership qualities.
- A willingness to travel if required.
- A desire to achieve personal goals and further develop the business.
Ground Control is an award-winning company with company growth of over 20% every year for nine years running with turnover now exceeding £90 million annually. The business has four major components: Arboriculture, Grounds Maintenance, Winter Maintenance and Landscape Construction and focuses on large regional and national contracts with multi-site operators. We currently maintain over 45,000 sites for some of the country's largest retailers, utility companies and local authorities. Ground Control was recently awarded “The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation” and has also received “The UK Employee Experience Award for 2016. Ground Control is placed in the London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain,’ being labelled as “one of 1000 firms fueling the long-term growth of the UK economy” in a list that was narrowed down from over 4.5 million companies. Along with the London Stock Exchange, 14 Daily Telegraph writers also hand-picked Ground Control as a company that “personally inspires them.” Ground Control is an equal opportunities employer.