Principal Consultant – Arboriculture
Place Services are a leading provider of integrated environmental assessment, planning, design and management services throughout Essex and east of England. Our unique position as a traded unit of Essex County Council which integrates public, private and third sector has enabled us to develop a broad and diverse client base creating an innovative and challenging working environment where success is rewarded.
Our increasing growth across the arboricultural sector now requires a motivated and experienced Principal Consultant to add to our vibrant team. As the Principal Arboricultural Consultant you will be the thought lead on all arboricultural matters and will oversee operational responsibility of an established team of arboricultural consultants.
Reporting to the Natural Environment Manager, the key responsibility for this role is ensuring that the arboricultural specialism is a commercially viable unit. This exciting role will have the flexibility and freedom to develop the arboriculture offer and will be expected to expand the client base throughout Essex and beyond. You will develop and deliver a range of client focused arboricultural services, against a specified annual sales target, to support the commercial viability of Place Services.
You will take delegated line management responsibility for the day to day operational management of the arboriculturists under the direction of the Natural Environment Manager. You will be a role model within your specialism and your motivational skills will inspire arboriculturists to deliver high quality outputs within agreed parameters.
Maximising the income potential of the arboricultural specialism within the wider Natural Environment Team you will be required to utilise strong sales and marketing skills to identify and win new business.
You will have proven relationship management skills in order to maximise profitability, improve relationships with existing accounts, develop new leads and increase and diversify the organisations client base. You will identify, develop and deliver to market new services and products ensuring that the Place Services Arboriculture Team are at the forefront of industry best practice.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring successful delivery of all arboricultural projects, contracts and SLA’s, including those incorporating multiple disciplines and incorporating others specialisms to time and budget.
- Developing new projects and new clients, having an active role in bidding on new business opportunities and proposals.
- Having an active business development role and promote arboriculture across the sector by developing papers, seminars and training, including working closely with peers across disciplines.
- Identifying opportunities that deliver profitable services, and making suggestions to improve quality service.
- Help create a positive team culture by providing support and ideas to encourage joined up and effective working.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the below:
- Educated to degree level with extensive post qualification experience or post graduate with considerable post qualification experience.
- Professional member of the Arboricultural Association (M.Arbor.A). Full membership or working towards full membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters (MICFor).
- Has a good understanding of commercial practices and how these contribute to the success of the wider team.
- Strong sales and marketing skills allied with confident and professional interpersonal skills.
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (ECC will contribute 14.1% to your Pension Scheme)
- A competitive salary and generous benefits package
- A flexible approach to working hours, promoting a healthy work-life balance
- A clear career path. Recognising your talent in the team. Encouraging committed individuals to grow with the opportunity for progression and promotion.
- Generous leave, plus opportunity to purchase additional days
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Extensive discounts across supermarkets, travel companies, general retail & more
- Childcare Vouchers
For further information and to apply, please visit our website.