Deputy Head Gardener
An exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated full time gardener to join the Head Gardener and part time gardeners at Parsonage Farm, Kirdford in West Sussex. The gardens, which have been developed from scratch over the last 20 years, are open for NGS and garden tours and were featured in Country Life in August 2015. The gardens extend over some 7 acres and include a walled garden with herbaceous borders, rose walk, lawns, topiary and yew hedging, an Autumn shrubbery, greenhouses, fruit and vegetables as well as woodland and avenues.
The Deputy Head Gardener’s role is to work with the Head Gardener and team to ensure the smooth running and maintenance of all parts of the garden as well as its continued development.
The successful applicant will be experienced in all aspects of gardening and capable of working to a high standard without close supervision. It is expected that the applicant would:
- be educated to RHS level 2 or above with a minimum of 2 years’ practical experience
- have a good and working knowledge of fruit and vegetable production and knowledge and experience of propagation
- be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- be organised and able to plan activities
- be able to demonstrate good computer skills
- have a full driving licence,
- preferably have a spraying certificate and chain-saw licence
- have a good knowledge of Health & Safety and COSHH regulations
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Send your CV using the 'Apply' section below.