Contracts Manager - Midlands
We are seeking a dynamic, driven, experienced and committed Contract Manager to manage our commercial grounds maintenance work in the Midlands area. We are offering a competitive salary, semi-annual bonuses, company stock options, company pension and other benefits.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Contract Manager is at the heart of Ground Control’s business. The role is divided into two key components: delivering consistent maintenance service and acquiring and managing additional business.
A Contract Manager’s management of his Field Teams and directly employed staff will be a critical success factor to delivering maintenance work on-time to the specified standard. Key responsibilities will be:
- Training Field Teams in “Ways of Working” and expected quality standards
- Daily quality monitoring of Field Teams’ work
- Performance Management
- Recruiting new Field Teams
- Direct management of Directly Employed Staff
- Effective customer and client relationships
- Providing management reports
The second key component of the role is ability to price, sell, and manage landscaping work. These works may either be additional work required on sites currently maintained by Ground Control or large landscaping projects implemented as part of a construction project. In order to sell these works, the Contract Manager will have to develop successful working relationships with local client decision-makers:
- Accurately price new maintenance sites under tender
- Identify, price and supervise additional works on existing maintenance sites
Our ideal candidate will be a proven Manager looking to progress in an exciting, forward thinking company.
The candidate will ideally have had some, but not necessarily all, of the following experiences before joining:
- Two to three year's practical work experience ("on the tools") in landscaping or grounds maintenance
- Two to three year's management experience
- Further education, ideally in Horticulture
- Entrepreneurial experience running his/her own business
Ground Control is an award-winning company with company growth of over 20% every year for nine years running with turnover now exceeding £90 million annually. The business has four major components: Arboriculture, Grounds Maintenance, Winter Maintenance and Landscape Construction and focuses on large regional and national contracts with multi-site operators. We currently maintain over 45,000 sites for some of the country's largest retailers, utility companies and local authorities. Ground Control was recently awarded “The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation” and has also received “The UK Employee Experience Award for 2016. Ground Control is placed in the London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain,’ being labelled as “one of 1000 firms fueling the long-term growth of the UK economy” in a list that was narrowed down from over 4.5 million companies. Along with the London Stock Exchange, 14 Daily Telegraph writers also hand-picked Ground Control as a company that “personally inspires them.” Ground Control is an equal opportunities employer.