Deputy Head Gardener
An experienced and highly motivated Deputy Head Gardener is sought to join the gardening team, which comprises the Head Gardener, Deputy Head Gardener, and student gardener, plus a part time gardener who is responsible for the plant sales and garden entry. Gardening students of varying nationalities frequently join the team for experience and there is an almost constant supply of volunteers who help out in the garden.
The Deputy Head Gardener’s role is to work with the Head Gardener and gardening team to ensure the smooth running of the garden and help develop the vision for the future.
The successful applicant will be experienced in all aspects of gardening and capable of working to a high standard without close supervision. It is expected that the applicant would:
- be educated to HNC level or above with a minimum of 2 years practical experience
- have a good and working knowledge of fruit and vegetable production and knowledge and experience of propagation
- be able to deliver educational programmes with the ability to motivate and inspire
- be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- be organised and able to plan activities
- be able to demonstrate good computer skills
- have a full driving licence
- have a good knowledge of Health & Safety and COSHH regulations
In addition to the above, a spraying certificate and chain-saw licence would be preferable.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Applicants should be made in writing closing a covering letter and curriculum vitae to:
Fife KY16 8QD
CLOSING DATE: 9th SEPTEMBER 2016