Job title: Glasshouse Horticulturist
Annual leave: 23 days plus Bank Holidays
Reporting to: Head Gardener
Additional information: Post requires occasional work at weekends and public holidays as part of a rota. Overtime will be paid as applicable.
Created over the past 35 years, Thenford Gardens cover 70 acres and contain one of the largest private collections of hardy woody plants in the country. The centrepiece of the gardens is a 2-acre walled garden, where 3 recently- built Alitex glasshouses are divided into 9 different environmental zones housing a diverse range of glasshouse ornamentals. An adjacent facility houses the arboretum nursery.
Overview of the role:
This exciting opportunity is for a qualified and experienced horticulturist who wishes to be part of a team of 8 gardeners who cultivate and develop the collections at Thenford Gardens.
You will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day management duties within the nursery and glasshouses
- Regular monitoring and recording of pest and disease levels
- The application of herbicides, and pesticides or biological control agents as required.
- Providing pot plants and arrangements for display use.
- Glasshouse and arboretum propagation
You should have:
- knowledge of a wide variety of plants and their requirements. a minimum of 3 years’ practical glasshouse experience including climate management and control systems. NPTC PA1/PA6 spraying certificates UK/EU driving licence
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' or write to
The Secretary, Thenford House, Banbury, OX17 2BX