This job has now expired
Regional Contracts Manager - SW
South West England
Salary negotiable, but commensurate with experience
The Contract Manager is at the heart of Ground Control’s business. The role is divided into two key components: delivering consistent maintenance service and acquiring additional business.
A Contract Manager’s management of his Field Teams will be a critical success factor to delivering maintenance work on-time to the specified standard. Key responsibilities will be:
• Training Field Teams in “Ways of Working” and expected quality standards
• Daily quality monitoring of Field Teams’ work
• Performance Management
• Recruiting new Field Teams
The second key component of the role is ability to price and sell landscaping work. These works may either be additional work required on sites currently maintained by Ground Control or large landscaping projects implemented as part of a construction project. In order to sell these works, the Contract Manager will have to develop successful working relationships with local client decision-makers:
• Accurately price new maintenance sites under tender
• Identify, price and supervise additional works on existing maintenance sites
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Contract Manager’s performance is measured, ranked and closely monitored. A significant proportion of compensation is performance-based.
The candidate will ideally have had some, but not necessarily all, of the following experiences before joining:
• Two to three years’ practical work experience (“on the tools”) in landscaping
• Two to three years’ management experience in a service business (landscaping, retail, service engineering etc.)
• Further education, ideally in Horticulture
• Entrepreneurial experience running his/her own business
-Field Team Management
-Attention to detail
To contact us with your CV and covering letter, click on the 'Apply now' button below.